NOTE: If you experience this software issue on a Chromebook Flip, such as the Acer R11, ASUS Flip or the Lenovo Yoga Chromebooks, upgrade to the latest Chrome OS version (v55+) to fix the issue. There is a software fix for an issue with the Trusted Platform Module that caused a small number of users experienced this error message.
Recover your Chromebook
Recovering your Chromebook lets you remove and reinstall the Chrome operating system (OS). While recovery can resolve most serious issues, it will also permanently erase all information on your Chromebook's hard drive.
Fix the "Chrome OS is missing or damaged" error
What this error means
If this error appears, your Chromebook's operating system might not be working properly. Try turning your Chromebook off, then back on again, to see if that fixes the error. If it doesn't, you need to recover your Chromebook.
Note: Recovery permanently erases everything on your Chromebook's hard drive, including your downloaded files.
What you need to get started
- The Chromebook with the "Chrome OS is missing or damaged" error
- A different computer with the Google Chrome browser installed (Windows, Mac, or another Chromebook)
- An SD card or USB drive that you don't mind erasing
- The Chromebook recovery app (details below)
What you need to do
To recover your Chromebook:
- On the working computer (not the Chromebook with the error), install the recovery app.
- Open the app and follow the on-screen instructions to create the recovery media.
- Open the Chromebook you want to recover.
- If you have anything connected to this Chromebook (such as a mouse, SD card, or external hard drive), remove it.
- Enter recovery mode:
- If you have a Chromebook with a keyboard, press and hold Esc + Refresh , then press Power . Let go of Power. When a message shows on the screen, let go of the other keys.
- If you have a Chromebox or Chromebit, turn it off, press its recovery button, then press the Power button to turn it back on. To find the location of the recovery button, see the user manual.
- You'll see one of these messages:
- "Chrome OS is missing or damaged. Please insert a recovery USB stick or SD card."
- "Please insert a recovery USB stick or SD card."
- Insert the recovery media you've created (SD card or USB drive).
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Applies To Products: All Chromebases, All Chromebooks, All Chromeboxes