Data Impressions is unable to service ChromeOS devices which are enrolled in the Google Admin Console
Customers must deprovision units being returned for repair otherwise the system cannot be repaired and fully tested.
Google FAQ - How to deprovision or retire a device
Google FAQ - How to sign-in to your Google Admin console
- Sign in to your Google Admin console using an Administrator account.
- From the Admin console Home page, go to Devices > Chrome devices.
If you don't see Devices on the Home page, click More controls at the bottom.
- At the top, use the filter to select the current status of the device that you want to deprovision. For details, see Device status view in Admin console.
- To apply the setting to everyone, leave the top organizational unit selected. Otherwise, select a child organizational unit.
- Check the box next to the device(s) that you want to deprovision.
Note: You can search using the device’s serial number if you have trouble locating it.
Note: If you’re deprovisioning multiple devices for different reasons, deprovision them in groups, depending on the reason.
- At the top, click Deprovision selected items
- Check the box to confirm that you understand the actions to re-enroll a device.
- Select your deprovisioning reason. See the table below for guidelines.
- Click Deprovision.
- To completely remove device management, power on the device, connect to the Internet and wipe the device.
Note: Deprovisioned devices remain in their organizational unit, even though you no longer manage them.
|Scenario||Deprovision reason to select|
|You have a return materials authorization (RMA), and the replacement device is the same model as your original (defective) device.||Same Model Replacement|
|You're replacing a malfunctioning device that's under warranty with a new device from the same manufacturer (for example, special case RMA).||Same Model Replacement|
|You're upgrading or replacing your device with a newer model of the same device.||Different Model Replacement|
|You're reselling, donating, or permanently removing the device from use.||Retiring from fleet|